Latest post Wed, Oct 22 2014 1:53 AM by Marcus Johnson. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:08 PM

New Blue Titler?

Not showing up in my FX pallatte. Tried uninstall/reinstall etc 3 times not and nada. 

Also seeing the DMF online error other people are having too. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:11 PM In reply to

Re: New Blue Titler?

What version of Media Composer?  Did you upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:34 PM In reply to

sorry, MC 7 upgraded from 6.5.3 and 6.5.2.1 before that. 

Complete uninstall/reinstall. 

in my apps folder in finder i see a uninstaller for newblue titler but i dont see it in my FX pallatte at all. I have other new blue fx from before that i bought but no titler. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:38 PM In reply to

bump.

• Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:49 PM In reply to

Hello Robert,

I'm sorry to hear that Titler Pro is not showing up for you in Media Composer 7. Can you please check something for me:

Go to /Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-ins/NewBlue

Inside this folder, do you see a "Titler" folder? Does the Titler folder have any files in it?

• Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:10 PM In reply to

Also, do you see this folder on your hard drive:

/Library/Application Support/NewBlue/Titler

If so, what files are in that directory?

• Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:55 PM In reply to

Marcus Johnson:

Hello Robert,

I'm sorry to hear that Titler Pro is not showing up for you in Media Composer 7. Can you please check something for me:

Go to /Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-ins/NewBlue

Inside this folder, do you see a "Titler" folder? Does the Titler folder have any files in it?

There is no titler folder in the firsd path you provided. Only a Starter Pack one whic is new, and New Blue Essentials 3 which i already owned, with there respective avx files. 

In libray/application support/newblue/titler folder tho, there is indeed a Titler Pro folder with a contents folder within, with the following files infoplist, packinginfo and NBactivationhelper

Thanks for helping hopefully we can figure this out. looks like the plugin isnt being installed. 

ive tried redownloading and reinstalling MC7 three times already. 

• Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:16 PM In reply to

bump. 

• Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:20 PM In reply to

• Marc Higa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Eugene, OR
    • Posts 13
    • Points 155

I'm having the same problem. I did have New Blue Video Essentials installed already, maybe that messed up the folder path for install?

OSX 10.10.4 3.2 Quad Core Intel MacPro5,1 32Gb Ram, MC 8.4.2.37885, DNXIO [view my complete system specs]

Marc Higa

Modern Art Pictures

www.modernartpictures.com

www.localsonlytv.com

• Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:21 PM In reply to

Sorry for the delay Robert, our office was closed for the Fourth of July yesterday.

Can you please tell me a little more about your system? Do you have your system files and applications split between more than one hard drive?

Also, are you using an Administrator account, or one with just normal privileges?

• Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:52 PM In reply to

Marcus Johnson:

Sorry for the delay Robert, our office was closed for the Fourth of July yesterday.

Can you please tell me a little more about your system? Do you have your system files and applications split between more than one hard drive?

Also, are you using an Administrator account, or one with just normal privileges?

no problem, thanks. 

System files and apps are on one drive (the boot) im on an imac 27inch i7. 

Im the admin and only one who uses this computer. Its my home setup. 

I tried uninstalling the other New Blue stuff i had already just based off a hunch it was messing with stuff, and reinstalling MC7, but this didnt fix antything. 

My other system specs are up to date except im on MC7 now instead of 6.5.x

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:55 PM In reply to

bump! 

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:03 PM In reply to

• NewBlueFX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Posts 32
    • Points 620
    • Avid Authorized Developer - AVX

Robert Goodman :

I tried uninstalling the other New Blue stuff i had already just based off a hunch it was messing with stuff, and reinstalling MC7, but this didnt fix antything. 

Thank you for that information, Robert. Let me PM you a link to a standalone installer for Titler Pro for MC7 and let's see if that will fix the issue for you.

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:34 PM In reply to

NewBlueFX:

Robert Goodman :

Thank you for that information, Robert. Let me PM you a link to a standalone installer for Titler Pro for MC7 and let's see if that will fix the issue for you.

thank you, got the link, will report back once ive had the chance to try it out! really appreciate your help with this! great customer support! 

• Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:30 AM In reply to

i wound up rebuilding the system, as it was a bout timne to do so anyways. New Blue is now showing up. Thanks for the help!!  

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller