Latest post Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:28 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:34 PM

• NickyV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 14 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Help! Invalid argument error

Hello,

I have just started an AE position, I've transcoded a few days of footage, and am syncing with audio into subclips using Avid Symphony 6. 

At some point during my syncing, the bins refused to save anymore... I get this error message:

"Exception: Invalid Argument filename:xxxxxx.wrt"

where xxxxxx is the name of the new bins I am trying to save. This is especially worrying because I can't close Avid without a forcing a quit, and I am having another issue with not being able to eject another backup drive... So I want to restart the system but am very hesitant to force close Avid!

Someone in a thread from 2009 said repairing disk permission seem to solve it, but that wasn't an option in my disk utility for the volume I'm using. 

I'm on a trial version of Symphony 6.

Filed under:
  • Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:33 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,010

Re: Help! Invalid argument error

I'm actually having this same problem right now. Did anybody every find a cause for this? More importantly, did anybody offer a solution to this?

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.12.2, MC 8.8.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 20 2017 10:24 AM In reply to

• LisaB90
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 19 2017
    • Posts 3
    • Points 65

I'm also having this same problem, did anyone ever find a cause for it?

Running an edit in work, working off Mac and Avid MC 8. Everything has been going fine until last week when we were no longer able to save the project - this message or a similar message pops up 

"Exception: Invalid Argument filename binname .wrt" 

The only option now is to close Avid and loose any unsaved work - it appears Avid is effecting the permissions on the harddrive itself also, as at this time it won't even let me eject the drive or create a new folder even though there's 2TB++ of storage.

Once I deleted Avid's Databases and rebuilt them it worked again, but I had already lost the unsaved work. This has happened a few times now - any ideas? 

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,060
    • Points 203,655
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Lisa

I responded to your other post....

Try repairing disk and drive permissions and see if that works....  Use the disk utility for the Mac OS

Report back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller