Latest post Mon, May 20 2013 3:36 AM by diegovillalba. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 17 2013 10:46 AM

Query Interplay for total number of projects

Hi everyone,

I am trying to understand if it's possible to d oa search that will retrieve the total of projects done since we've started.

In other worrd the total number of projects going on.

In access i can't find a field for projects and I really can't workaround this.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Ricardo

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, May 17 2013 12:41 PM In reply to

• jeryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 5 2006
    • Posts 15
    • Points 145
    • Avid Employee

Re: Query Interplay for total number of projects

Interplay has no idea what a project is. It only knows about folders. So it doesn't track projects.

Depending on your workflow, you may be deleting folders as the projects they represent are finished. When you empty the trash bin, those folders are gone. No way to look back at them.

You could add a custom field and put project names in it going forward., but that won't help you look back.

• Fri, May 17 2013 1:00 PM In reply to

Hi, 

many thanks for this, regarding our workflow we don't delete folders but move them to a different workspace, at least the old ones.

Meanwhile I've learned about a solution developed by a third party using web services so we'll take that aproach

I'll leave the link here for it once I have it.

Best Regards

Ricardo

• Mon, May 20 2013 3:36 AM In reply to

jeryan:
    Interplay has no idea what a project is. It only knows about folders. So it doesn't track projects

Hi Jeryan, Interplay has a metadata field for the "original project" of every asset in his database.

Regards. 

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller