Latest post Sun, Sep 10 2017 4:46 PM by Telegram!. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:25 PM

Move Clips to New Track Shortcut

I'm hoping that AVID MC soon includes a shortcut that moves clips up/down video/audio tracks.

Charles Little II

cL@charleslittle2.com

AVID MC 6.x

Avid MC 7.0.3 | Mac Pro 3.06 GHz 12-Core | 64 GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1024 MB | OS 10.9.1 [view my complete system specs]

Charles Little II
    Director/Editor
    http://charleslittle2.com
    #charleslittle2

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:21 AM In reply to

Re: Move Clips to New Track Shortcut

Click Red Arrow Segment mode.  click the tracks and hold CTRL.  then drag up or down.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:10 AM In reply to

CTRL + SHIFT to keep them vertically constrained when dragging up and down.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:23 AM In reply to

• daapap
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Points 6,895

FunkyDragon:

Click Red Arrow Segment mode.  click the tracks and hold CTRL.  then drag up or down.

CLICK - CLICK -HOLD CTRL - DRAG -  a shortcut for this procedure is what he is asking  for, as i understand it. like CTRL-CURSOR UP or so. Like moving clips horizontally with the trim-keys.

+1

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:37 AM In reply to

yes exactly...like nudging clips with the trim keys...I don't like to stop, grab, click and drag...(zzzzz).  wish I could "T" a clip or Mark IN - Mark OUT and entire section of clips and move them up or down with keyboard strokes. :)

Avid MC 7.0.3 | Mac Pro 3.06 GHz 12-Core | 64 GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1024 MB | OS 10.9.1 [view my complete system specs]

Charles Little II
    Director/Editor
    #charleslittle2

• Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:37 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Charles Little II:

yes exactly...like nudging clips with the trim keys...I don't like to stop, grab, click and drag...(zzzzz).  wish I could "T" a clip or Mark IN - Mark OUT and entire section of clips and move them up or down with keyboard strokes. :)

The Artist units, I use a Transport myself, can handle multikey commands, you can create almost any command that you want to and apply it to a single key, maybe something to take a look at .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, May 10 2013 1:07 AM In reply to

• John Adams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 23 2013
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Posts 59
    • Points 670

+1. Totally agree. It's a huge convenience to be able to stay solely on the keyboard and NOT to have to reach for the mouse/pen.

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:19 PM In reply to

• Kyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 29 2012
    • Posts 135
    • Points 1,685

+1 for this. One of the things I miss most from FCP

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:24 PM In reply to

• stevecohen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 3 2006
    • Venice, California
    • Posts 499
    • Points 5,520

• Sun, Jun 9 2013 5:16 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,081
    • Points 12,305

+1 (keyboard shortcuts for just about everything that require clicking and / or dragging actually)

• Sun, Jun 9 2013 5:26 AM In reply to

Hey this does sound interesting!  Any information that you can provide to lead me to this "Transport" by "The Artist Units"? Thanks for the tip! 

Charles Little II
    Director/Editor
    #charleslittle2

• Sun, Jun 9 2013 6:43 AM In reply to

Charles Little II:
    Any information that you can provide to lead me to this "Transport" by "The Artist Units"?

http://www.avid.com/US/products/artist-transport

Has a bunch of keys that are user-definable.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:55 PM In reply to

• Rinze Schuurman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    • Posts 436
    • Points 5,495

If you have a good memory for avid keys, you could use a gamers keyboard. Most of them come with user definable keys and the software to program them easially. On my Logitech G15 I have many programmed for my needs (like f.e. select everything to the right of my timeline cursor which amounts to CTRL A > add edit > select all right, with one keystroke)

The same goes for mouse buttons Avid won't recognize in 6.0

4 avid systems on x58 and x79 platforms with 18 TB internal mediadrive in raid 5 each and 300 GB ssd OS drive, Nvidia GTX 580 to Nvidia GTX Titan video... [view my complete system specs]

"Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user"

• Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:34 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,081
    • Points 12,305

Rinze Schuurman:

If you have a good memory for avid keys, you could use a gamers keyboard. Most of them come with user definable keys and the software to program them easially. On my Logitech G15 I have many programmed for my needs (like f.e. select everything to the right of my timeline cursor which amounts to CTRL A > add edit > select all right, with one keystroke)

The same goes for mouse buttons Avid won't recognize in 6.0

Good knowledge... (I use autokeys, but that is a bit more complicated to programme)

One favourite is to set bin save to force at 50 mins & have a macro that fires every 5 mins:

{

Ctl+0 (select timeline)

Shift+f (find bin on my keyboard)

Ctl+S (which just saves that bin, rather than all)

}

Which is a big help when working with lots of bins open

Doesn't answer the OP request though 

• Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:40 PM In reply to

+1. This really needs to be easier. Five keystrokes is terreible. And using the mouse is never a shortcut. This has to be faster.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller