Latest post Wed, Dec 2 2015 11:34 PM by John Adams. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:59 PM

• ziff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 34
    • Points 475

auto-saving locked bins

When connected to a shared storage system like the ISIS, certain open bins will inevidently 

be locked as they are open on another system.  Everytime the AVID auto-saves, a message 

will pop up reminding you that "this particular locked bin cannot be saved."  You have to hit 

"okay" for each locked bin.  It's time consuming and a hassle.  

Maybe there is a way to have the system ignore the locked bins.  I haven't found it yet,

but if there isn't, there should be.  It's not necessary to remind me EACH TIME the system

saves or auto-saves.  Perhaps remind me ONCE, when I open the project, and then have 

the system ignore the locked bins after that.  

Thanks.

Jeff Schiro

Morningstar Entertainment

ziff70@gmail.com

818-559-7255

Media Composer 6.04

MAC OS Lion 16RAM

• Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:27 PM In reply to

Re: auto-saving locked bins

I agree and support this request. Further, if you have any red locked bins open when rendering effects, the render will be interrupted during a forced auto save and the the "bins locked" message will popup, waiting for you to respond. The rendering will not continue until you answer. Very frustrating if time is critical and you forgot to close those locked bins first.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Mar 11 2014 6:23 PM In reply to

• RalphFoster
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 84
    • Points 955

I also agree and would like to propose :

1. Additional "Close Bin" button. (so once warned you could close the bin in question without further prompting)

2. Additional "Don't Save All..." checkbox so you can dismiss all the locked bins in one click

3. That it saves all the unlocked bins FIRST, so that when you can come back to your machine and dismiss the locked bins you can get quickly back to work.

And incidently why does it wait for you to come back to your machine and move the mouse before it thinks it needs to save all.  Surely it could have been doing that whilst you were away? Wink

MC 8.8.5 OS X v10.11.5 QT 7.6.6 on Local USB3 RAID [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 2 2015 11:34 PM In reply to

• John Adams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 23 2013
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Posts 59
    • Points 670

++1

++1

++1

Bringing back an old request from the dust. It's still as relevant today as it was 2 and half years ago. This is a massive time-waster and annoyance. 

Hello, Avid people -- are you listening? How hard can this be to implement?? 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller