Latest post Mon, Oct 17 2005 11:05 PM by FiatLex. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 3:10 AM

• vpcmike
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Baltimore, MD
    • Posts 1,669
    • Points 20,140

Scroll Wheel Options

It is great to have the scroll wheel work in Avid.  But the one feature that I would love to have is the ability to use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out of the timeline.

- Mike

System #1 - Mac Pro 12 Core 2.93, 24 GB RAM, 16 TB ISIS 5000 System #2 - Core i7 2600k, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000 System #3 - Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 9:36 AM In reply to

• Mataor
    • Not Ranked
    • Lima, Peru
    • Posts 100
    • Points 1,370

Re: Scroll Wheel Options

I think that was the requested feature we all waited for when talking about scroll wheel... it really amazed me that they didn't included it.
    Dell Presicion M90 2.0 Ghz 4 GB Ram - 800+ Gb External Hard Drive - Media Composer 4.xx [view my complete system specs]

Gl,

Mataor

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -A. Einstein

• Fri, Oct 14 2005 12:52 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 470
    • Points 5,825
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

There's all sorts of things I'd like to change about the way Mouse settings work.

1.  Scroll along the Timeline on the Scroll Wheel without having to hold a keyboard button to do it (this completely negates the value of the feature for me).

2. Hear audio scrub during mouse scroll in the timeline (ditto).

3. Be able to have multiple different Mouse settings with different button assignments linked to different Toolsets, as you can do with, for example, Keyboard settings. You can duplicate the Mouse settings, but changing one changes the other as well!

Mikey B

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 4:00 PM In reply to

I'd like to add:

May we get scroll wheel support in Xpress DV?  It has been a year since the last update to XDV (v4.6), and I think it is due for an update....scroll wheel support would be an excellent addition.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 3 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (2x1GB, 2x512MB;) XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 250 GB Seagate HD (System) 3x500 GB Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 10:29 PM In reply to

• Ben Jordan
    • Not Ranked
    • Greenville, SC
    • Posts 29
    • Points 235

Mataor wrote:
    I think that was the requested feature we all waited for when talking about scroll wheel... it really amazed me that they didn't included it.

My exact thoughts...  such poor implementation makes me wonder -- even if they implement it (zooming w/ scroll wheel) -- would it logically zoom where your cursor was, or just in the middle or something brainless like that?

2x [MCA | xw8000 dual 3.06GHz | 2GB ram | 4 x 36G u320LVD raid | Quadro FX1100 | 2 x Sony 20" LCDs] • 1x [XPro+mojo | xw8400 quad 5150's | 4GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 12:34 AM In reply to

• Rinze Schuurman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    • Posts 436
    • Points 5,495

I work with a logitech cordless keyboard, with a scroll wheel at the left side. It is designed to take over the functions of the up and down arrows for easy browser use, and therefor also works great for zooming in and out. Maybe a good inbetween solution?

4 avid systems on x58 and x79 platforms with 18 TB internal mediadrive in raid 5 each and 300 GB ssd OS drive, Nvidia GTX 580 to Nvidia GTX Titan video... [view my complete system specs]

"Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user"

• Mon, Oct 17 2005 7:27 PM In reply to

• Mataor
    • Not Ranked
    • Lima, Peru
    • Posts 100
    • Points 1,370

rinzeschuurman wrote:

I work with a logitech cordless keyboard, with a scroll wheel at the left side. It is designed to take over the functions of the up and down arrows for easy browser use, and therefor also works great for zooming in and out. Maybe a good inbetween solution?

Another solution is Ardamax Mouse Wheel Controller. I use it just for the zooming on timeline...  But it would be great to have an editor working at Avid's to tell them why we asked for the scroll wheel option to begin with.
    Dell Presicion M90 2.0 Ghz 4 GB Ram - 800+ Gb External Hard Drive - Media Composer 4.xx [view my complete system specs]

Gl,

Mataor

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -A. Einstein

• Mon, Oct 17 2005 11:05 PM In reply to

• FiatLex
    • Not Ranked
    • MD
    • Posts 55
    • Points 695

Steeldestroyer wrote:
    I'd like to add:

May we get scroll wheel support in Xpress DV?  It has been a year since the last update to XDV (v4.6), and I think it is due for an update....scroll wheel support would be an excellent addition.

This feature is in XDV 5.2 (the one with native HDV).  I think you have to purchase an upgrade from 4.x versions to 5.x for something like $50.

Media Composer 5.0.x Mac MacBook Pro 15" Anti-glare Intel i7 2.2GHz 4GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller