Latest post Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:05 PM by James@Seamless. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:41 AM

• JoeSharp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 24 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Problems Synching Rushes in Avid (new user)

Hi guys

I am having some problems synching my rushes in avid, as a new user I am a little stuck so any advice would be gratefully received!

My camera operator shot the footage at 24fp when he should have shot it at 25fp - I have set up a project that is able to import the 24 fp footage and change it to 25 fp, as part of the process to do this I have had to strip to camera sound from the video files and then when importing my seperate audio, I have to use TimeShift to get the audio in sync with the video.

Once I have done this and autosync my rushes the completed subclips are fine except that the clips cut a few seconds earlier than they do on the source material (both video and audio).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening??

Thanks!

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:05 PM In reply to

Re: Problems Synching Rushes in Avid (new user)

I would try and speed up the sound externally then you will just be dealing with everything at 25 when you come to syncing.

I believe the best way is to Stamp the audio files with a different rate before importing, but I've never tried it.

There have been other posts on these forums about it

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller