Latest post Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:51 AM by mrmikster. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:45 PM

• AvidMTN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 4 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Losing Timecode on AFE import

Working on DS 10.3.1 and MC 5, I transcoded a sequence of AMA imported clips and exported an AFE to bring into DS.  Now when I conform the AFE in DS, some clips have kept their correct timecode while others have reverted back to 00:00:00:00.  I have gone back into MC and verified that sure enough all of the transcoded clips still have the correct timecode attached to them, however I've tried importing and recreating the AFE a number of times and continue to get the same results.  Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?  Thanks!

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:35 PM In reply to

• AvidMTN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 4 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Losing Timecode on AFE import

After reading some related threads, does anyone know if this is the Media Composer "bug" referred to in this thread for example?

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/115100/665330.aspx

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:51 AM In reply to

• mrmikster
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeleez
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,450
    • Moderator: Avid DS
      Moderator: MetaFuze

Re: Losing Timecode on AFE import

Is there any chance at all that some of your clips (the ones with 00;00;00;00 timecode) were actually imported via the regular file import or drag and drop? With version 6.5 of MC, the AFE and AAF files from MC using AMA'd clips keeps the correct timecode where the file-imported clips have timecode that is zeroed out.

Just double check that all of the clips in the bin were actually from AMA source.

"There are no rules for the brave". Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller