Latest post Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:45 PM by FunkyDragon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:20 PM

Adjust where Audio tracks are dropped in timeline from Source Monitor

Hello - my second post today - brand new to AVID from FCP.

How do I adjust the landing zone of my audio tracks from the viewer. I've created new audio tracks in the timeline, however when I move what I THINK are the destination tabs on the left most side of the timeline controls, the audio trakcs are still dropping onto A1 & A2, when I'd like them to drop onto A3 & A4.

Nick

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:13 PM In reply to

Re: Adjust where Audio tracks are dropped in timeline from Source Monitor

Nick:

With the source clip loaded, click and hold on the A1 track indicator on the source side and draw an arrow to the A3 track indicator on the record (sequence) side. This process is known as patching and is how you determine where any source, video or audio, will be used in the sequence. Do the same for source A2 to sequence A4.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:45 PM In reply to

Re: Adjust where Audio tracks are dropped in timeline from Source Monitor

Like Larry Says.

here's a video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZZ3l40y3k

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller