Latest post Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:52 AM by S.Clements. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:52 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,755

Anyone Figure Out The "Unsupported (HD1080p)" issue for. sync clips?

Hi, Everyone.

I posted about this several months ago, but wasn't able to get a response.  I'm now wrapping up my online and want to make sure there's no issue that needs to be addressed.

Firstly, I AMA linked to prores files which read as ProRes 422 (HQ) in the video column.  They needed to be synced with .wav files because sound was recorded separately.

I transcoded all the footage to DNXHD 36 and then relinked the original master clips to the transcodes (following the workflow seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgSF73Msxgc , which I've since have been told is wrong ).  I then went through and synced all the .wav files to the original master clips, creating .sync clips. 

When I went to do an online, I was able to relink the master clips and see the proper "ProRes 422 (HQ)" in the video column, however when I looked at the bin of audio synced supclips, they had "Unsupported (HD1080p)" in the video column.  Is this normal?  Does it have something to do with a mix of the original video file with an audio .wav file clip?  It would be nice if the video colum only reflected the video codec.  Or maybe there really is something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Scott

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller