Latest post Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:12 PM by aj_sartor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:53 PM

• aj_sartor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Need help with transcode options

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to Avid Media Composer, and brand new to the forum. I have a question I hope you guys can help with.. I'm using Avid on a Mac computer, and have a Canon 7D.

So I'm wondering what option I should select to transcode my h264 footage to? The 3 options it gives me are '1:1 10b RGB MXF'   'DNxHD 444 350 x MXF'  and   'APPLE ProRes 4444 MXF'.

I know little about this sort of thing. I converted to ProRes when I was using Final Cut Pro, but as I understand it ProRes is more for FCP, not AMC. Is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

- AJ

Filed under: , , ,
  • Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: Need help with transcode options

You created an RGB project (rather thasn a YCrCB project) and that limits your resolution options to uncompressed only.

So in the format tab change the project from RGB to YCrCB and you will see options for compressed resolutions.

If you are on a Mac you can still use ProRes or on Mac and PC Avid DNX

If you use AMA link file then you get the option to use "set Source settings" to check and change if need be the video levels (to be sure they are 709 leves and not RGB full swing levels)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:12 PM In reply to

• aj_sartor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Need help with transcode options

Pat - You're absolutely right. Thank you so much. That was driving me crazy! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller