Latest post Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:34 PM by Doug Abel. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:49 AM

Messaging Function on Unity/ISIS

It would be very handy if all the editors, assistants, producers, etc could chat to each other while on the same project in a manner similar to AOL Instant Messenger or Google Chat.

I work in reality TV and some facilities do not have internet access on every station, or don't install a phone at every desk (and cell reception inside buildings can be spotty). Having a chat function built into Media Composer could ease some of the stress of having to walk across the whole building to pass on some information or talk about ideas. And if the producers or assistants have an important message to relay, it would be easier to blast it out to everyone with a chat message as opposed to knocking on 30 doors.

After working in places that have made using phones, email, or other chat programs difficult if not impossible to use, it occurred to me I'd love to see it right in Avid. Always there if you need it, but out of the way when you don't.

• Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: Messaging Function on Unity/ISIS

I agree. It would be even better if it is built in within the MC/Symphony and ISIS client.

For now, you can probably use an intranet/LAN messenger.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:17 PM In reply to

Interplay access has a message function. 

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:34 PM In reply to

• Doug Abel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 12
    • Points 120

The most common messages is "Can you close the [XYZ] bin."

We end up texting each other...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller