Latest post Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:38 PM by elisapz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:10 PM

• elisapz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 23 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

EDGE WIPE (Help please!)

Hi,

I'm trying to make an edge wipe effect with Avid, eh "HOR OPEN" Effect, but I'm doing something wrong becuse an error occurs "insufficient source".

I'm new using avid, I'd like to know how to make the effect correctly. I've been looking on the web for three hours now and couldn't find any help...

Thank you beforehand!

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: EDGE WIPE (Help please!)

Sounds like your transition is too clsoe to the end of your media. For the wipe to work it needs the duration of the wipe available on both the incoming and outgoing shot. Otherwise it will run out of media before the effect completes.

So you probably need to trim the edit point until you have enough "handles"

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:19 PM In reply to

• elisapz
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Could you send me a link or something where I can see step by step how to do it? Because I'm a little lost... Thank you!!

• Sat, Nov 24 2012 4:11 AM In reply to

elisapz:
    Could you send me a link or something where I can see step by step how to do it?

The intended result in this example is two clips that will have a 30 frame Wipe between them.

step one: take a clip and edit it into the sequence

step two: take another clip and edit it into the sequence.

step three: park at the cut point, back the playhead up at least 15 frames

step four: mark an IN

step five: advance the playhead at least 30 frames

step six: mark an OUT

step seven: EXTRACT (you've now cut off 15 frames from the tail of the first clip and 15 frames from the head of the second clip)

step eight: apply Wipe Transition

The point is that in order for you to create a transition, you MUST have material available to overlap the clips by the amount that you're trying to create the transition.  If you think about a piece of film, you would have to overlap two strips by a number of frames in order to make a transition between them.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:38 PM In reply to

• elisapz
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thank you very much!! Very helpful reply!! :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller