Latest post Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:18 AM by Randall L. Rike. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:55 PM

• shaffreza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 21 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Installing process

Hi, i recently purchased avid pro tools se and the microphone from avid website. However i am having trouble installing it, basically when i go to set up, it says 'pro tools needs atleast 2gb ram' and the thing is, on my laptop i have 2gb of ram! some of it may be being used. I don't want to go and install more because i have read on other forums and websites that when people go and install 4gb worth of ram, it still doesn't work! I have also tried installing it on my pc, and it passes that stage and it installed fine. However, when i go to opening the program, it says something like 'Unable to locate M-Audio Hardware error when launching Pro Tools' when my avid microphone is connected to my computer and the computer says that it is connected and i also connected the headphones to the microphone! I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but the same thing happens. I paid nearly £70.00 for this program and microphone, and i want it to work! please help.

• Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:18 AM In reply to

Re: Installing process

You will find the Avid Audio Forums here.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:18 AM In reply to

Re: Installing process

You're actually in the video forums.   

The Protools Forums are here:          http://duc.avid.com/

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller