Latest post Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:29 PM by le0dewolff. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:29 PM

• le0dewolff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 10 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

H264 embeded Reel Name Issue

If anyone knows the answer to my question or has a sollution i would be eternally greatful.

Here's my workflow

-Create H264's from various RAW files (Inc Alexa and Red) with embeded TC and Reelname (Original File Name)

-Re-name the H264's as Sc/Tk and Camera info

-Supply client with H264 clips

-Client AMA Link to H264 clips

-Once an edit from the H264 material is complete i need to be able to create an EDL with the orignal file name for a conform.

I'm completely stuck as the only way i know of creating a useful EDL with AMA linked H264 clips is by using the source file column, and once you re-name the H264, the source file column will reflect this name change.

I know the embeded reel name is still contained in the H264 as when i bring into FCP or QT change it tells me this. Once i have the clips re-linked I've looked through every bin column in Avid, and this embeded reel name doesn't appear to be present anywhere!

This is frustrating (not least because FCP offers this flexibilty!) Is anyone aware of another perameter of meta data that i'm able to embed the original filename into?

Avid or anyone. Please help!

Cheers

Leo

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller