Latest post Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:31 AM by seyb. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:50 PM

• Sibz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 22 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Avid Codec (Mac) that will work in Avid DVD on my PC

I'm using Avid Media Composer 5.5 on a Mac, and have just finished editing a short film. I'm ready to export it, and get it to a DVD, and up until now I was pretty sure that I was going to render out an .mov file from Avid using the Send to QT Movie codec, and then put the .mov file through my PC desktop where I would use Avid DVD to burn. Every time I get the .mov file on to my PC, however, there is no video. In Sony Vegas, it only imports the sound, and no video. When I try to open it in Quicktime, it doesn't run at all, and it says I'm missing a plug-in, and it sends me to this page: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html. 

Obviously, I don't have too much experience with this...this is the first film that I've edited on Avid, so perhaps I am missing a component on my PC like Quicktime suggests? If not, then am I exporting my film to the wrong codec? Is Send to QT the wrong option when I'm trying to get this to work on a PC? Should I try something like Sorenson Squeeze - Encoded for DVD? (I don't know what Sorenson Squeeze does, so I'm not sure if that will work for my project.) My end goal is to get this on a DVD, and obviously I don't have any DVD authoring software on my Mac, and I wasn't planning to invest in anything like Adobe Encore, or Roxio Toast at this moment. So yeah, that's like several questions in one, but thanks in advance!

• Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:36 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,040
    • Points 12,945

Re: Avid Codec (Mac) that will work in Avid DVD on my PC

If you export a Quicktime in Avid codec install the codes on your PC found HERE

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:33 AM In reply to

• Sibz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 22 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

If only I had posted to the forum sooner. Haha, thanks so much! Worked like a charm! 

• Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:31 AM In reply to

• seyb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 11 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I left my dongle at home so can't access AVID while abroad. I just want to be able to import AVID.mov files and have tried downloading the latest Avid Codec LE but they will not play on my Mac. Does anyone have an tips for fixing this problem?

I wil be bringing these clips into Nuke for roto/paint work. If I was home I would just export an image sequence however I need to start work on these asap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller