Latest post Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:20 AM by Zara. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 29 2012 3:13 AM

• Zara
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 29 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Avid playhead will scrub but not play my sequence HELP please

Avid crashed and when I reopened the bin with my latest sequence was gone. This has happend once before so I recovered the file from avid attic but forgot to rename it this time as it was already a avb file format. the editing worked for awhile then avid crashed again. when it reopened I could scrub back and fourth with the playhead but couldn't play the sequence. please help!! The msg below is what pops up when I try to play :

Exception: AMPI subsystem error, ErrorMessage: AMPIEngineComponentRep::SynchronouExecute in AMPIEngine.cpp:280 ProcessNSamples (0) velocity (1.000000) failed in AMPIEngine.cpp:452,AMPIEngineComponent::ProcessNSamples in AMPIEngine:cpp:456

• Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:22 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,233
    • Points 15,560
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Avid playhead will scrub but not play my sequence HELP please

Hi Zara and welcome to the Avid Community!  Tons of Avid-aholics here, so we'll get you up and running quickly.  It'll be hard to troubleshoot though, until you give us some tech info on what kind of system you are running.  Win or Mac, what video card, what version of Quicktime and all that stuff.  The best way is to go into your user profile and add it to your profile's "System Specs". When we are tech supporting people, that's the first place we look.

Don't worry, it sounds like you have a problem that can be solved by just changing a couple of settings.  We just need to kow what you're running in order to help.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:20 AM In reply to

• Zara
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 29 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Avid playhead will scrub but not play my sequence HELP please

Hi Pixel Moneky thank you so much for your response and willingness to help. We eventually unplugged the net cable and shut down MC.. fixed everything. Phew

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller