Latest post Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:35 PM by matthewh. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:45 AM

• Wayne7431
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 2 2010
    • Virginia
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

AMDConsumer: Preload Error(0) unable to: Preload Audio"

Ok folks, I've been struggling trying to fix this for several weeks now. Now I'm at my wits end.I could really use some help.

I was running MC5.5 with NO problems everything was functioning great!! Then I had the bright idea to bump up to MC 6.1. - I WAS running Win7 32bit. So I had to do a reformat to accomodate MC6 with  Win7 64bit and reinstall the MC software. OK, the install went great no problems. Loaded my previous projects eveything working fine! I said YES!!!!

NOW, I've Got some new video clips in MP4 format. MC6.1 AMA Loads the Video with no problem. I'm even able use the slide bar in the monitor window to advance video, but when I hit the play button, it hangs and give me the following error trying to play the audio in the clip.  

"Avid MEdia Composer

AMDConsumer: Preload Error(0) unable to: Preload Audio"

- I did a full reinstall on Media Composer

-I have loaded AME Registry File

-Unistalled SRS sound on my laptop

I really feel it's something simple I'm missing here. It makes no sense that MC5.5 converted my audio with no problem and with only 4gb!!. I bumpped my memory up 16gb when I did the upgrade to MC6.1 and the error continues. There has to be fix. 

Help! running waybehind Sad

My system config is as follows:

Dell Precision M6400 

Windows 7 64BIT

Memory(RAM) 16.00 GB installed

CPU: Inte(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M

Dell Precision M6400 Windows 7 64BIT Memory(RAM) 16.00 GB installed CPU: Inte(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHZ NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:43 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

Re: AMDConsumer: Preload Error(0) unable to: Preload Audio"

Have you tried running MC 5.5 on your recently reconfigured system? Perhaps the problem is with your 64-bit audio card driver? I'm suggesting that if you tried MC 5.5 on that system, you might find that you experience the same problem. Maybe you can find an updated driver for your audio chipset - not really sure if that would work - just a suggestion.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sat, Sep 1 2012 11:58 PM In reply to

• Wayne7431
    • Not Ranked
    • Virginia
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Hey BarkinMadd
    Here’s the deal. I did upgrade to a 64 bit sound driver but that did not fix the problem. So I uninstalled MC and re-installed again, but this time I stopped at 5.5. Now here’s what I found out. AMA linking works great no errors whatsoever. I am also able to drag and drop my MP4 files in my Video Clip bin and it will convert them with no problem.

Now in MC6.0 and 6.1 When I try to link AMA I get the ADMConsumer Preload error as I mentioned in my first post AND when I try to drag and drop I get this error”

“An unexpected error occurred while importing the Quicktime Audio Tracks. The imported audio tracks may be unusable. Would you like to continue the import?”

If I hit continue it will convert the video but NO sound. If I hit abort..well you know.

Guess I will be using MC5.5 until Avid get’s these bugs out. I searched high and low for solutions. Appreciate your input dude..

Dell Precision M6400 Windows 7 64BIT Memory(RAM) 16.00 GB installed CPU: Inte(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHZ NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:01 AM In reply to

• Wayne7431
    • Not Ranked
    • Virginia
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Just a follow up.....

I did upgrade to a 64 bit sound driver but that did not fix the problem. So I uninstalled MC and re-installed again, but this time I stopped at 5.5. Now here’s what I found out. AMA linking works great no errors whatsoever. I am also able to drag and drop my MP4 files in my Video Clip bin and it will convert them with no problem.

Now in MC6.0 and 6.1 When I try to link AMA I get the ADMConsumer Preload error as I mentioned in my first post AND when I try to drag and drop I get this error”

“An unexpected error occurred while importing the Quicktime Audio Tracks. The imported audio tracks may be unusable. Would you like to continue the import?”

If I hit continue it will convert the video but NO sound. If I hit abort..well you know.

Guess I will be using MC5.5 until Avid get’s these bugs out. I searched high and low for solutions. Appreciate your input dude..

• Fri, Aug 30 2013 4:04 PM In reply to

• Betacat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 6 2012
    • Posts 8
    • Points 95

Hey, im having the same problem with avid 6 on up (keeps occurring on avid 7)

Any known solution?

• Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:35 PM In reply to

• matthewh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 24 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 95
    • Points 1,050

Hi guys - i'm having the same probem on MC 7.02 - tearing my hair out a little....

Happens whenever i scrub & play in the timeline.

I have a very simple setup - no AMA media in the timeline. All DNxHD36.

System info 2011 2.5Gh core i5 imac, 20 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 memory

OSX 10.8.1 since upgraded to 10.8.5 (which didn't fix the issue)

Media lives on a thunderbolt connected G-drive

Have tried deleting user, re-did my settings from scratch, still have the problem.

Any help would be wonderful as i'm falling behind badly.

(ps. hunch - could this have been casued by my using Audio Suite Plugin: Lo-Fi ?? Problem started soon after using but may be coincidence..)

4 GHz i7 Retina iMac, 24 GB 1600MHz DDR3, AMD M295X 4GB OSX 10.10 MC8.3 3.4GHz i7 iMac, 20 GB 1333MHz DDR3, AMD 6970M 1GB, OSX 10.9.1, MC7.04 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller