Latest post Tue, Oct 25 2005 2:53 PM by paul b. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 24 2005 3:38 PM

• Ivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 21 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,785

Crying [:'(] I don´t like the "go to next edit" funktion.

I don´t like the "go to next edit" funktion. When there is an empty audio track, the cursor will jump to the next clip with audio! But I want that the cursor allways go to the next clip, with or without audio.I know that I can turn off the record track button, but than I have to turn it on to edit again. That´s to complicated. Another thing which is so complicated with edit, like so many other things.
    I also can´t understand why xpress pro hasn´t the function mark to next clip, like adrenaline! That is a normal feature, not too special for xpress pro!!!!!! It is not so cheap.
    DVD making could be also easier, like in premiere. Surround mixing is possible in premiere but even not in adrenaline!
    A normal spline mask with feathers and with infinity keyframes is necessary.
    Avid Media Composer 2018.9 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 24 2005 9:25 PM In reply to

Re: I don´t like the "go to next edit" funktion.

You can set the same keys to be FF and REW instead of next edit.  Then you can go into the composer settings (right click above monitor) and in the FF/REW tab you can un-select "ignore track selectors".  You can also stop at locators head frames, and tail frames.  

HP xw8400 Dual Xeon dual core 3.0Ghz 4gb ram Nvidia QUADRO FX 1500 2TB SATA STORAGE [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 24 2005 10:05 PM In reply to

and by unchecking the "ignore track selectors", i mean that you can, in your timeline, select the track or tracks you want to stop on, i.e. in your case deselect all the audio
    HP xw8400 Dual Xeon dual core 3.0Ghz 4gb ram Nvidia QUADRO FX 1500 2TB SATA STORAGE [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 2:53 PM In reply to

• paul b
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,325

Try changing your keyboard maps for "go to next" and "go to prevous" to FF and REW.  Then try holding the OPTION key along with either of those.  You don't need to select "ignore track selectors" if you don't want to--OPTION takes care of that.  Holding down the option key will make the cursor  move to the previous or next edit on ANY track (regardless of what tracks are selected)--so you might have to perform this function a couple of times if you have edits (on any track) in between where you are and where you want to go---understand?  Try it--its a timesaver.  Hit me back if I didn't explain it clearly.

Paul B.

MC 5.5.3 & MC 6.5 MacPro Nehalem 8-core Avid Nitris DX Sonic Fusion 8TB E-Sata Raid 5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller