Latest post Wed, May 8 2013 3:24 AM by Mondo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:21 AM

HELP! With files from Canon + Sony Cameras containg .MXF,.XML,.THM etc...

Hi Guys,

I have someone giving me a hard drive early this afternoon containing clips they shot earlier in the week.

They have told me that on the hard drive there are a number of file types, they are as follows;

Cannon Camera -.mxf .xml .thm .sif .cif

Sony Camera - .mp4 .xml .smi . ppm .bim

Apparantly he imported them into Final Cut from the cannon camera and they worked.

Could someone please enlighten me and maybe walk me through simply how to use them in Avid? i assume you use AMA and then consolidate/transcode as soon as they're in (before editing them) to another drive on the system and they will save them all as MXF footage files? I don't know.

Thank you in advance, and i hope someone can help me!

Brad

• Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:00 AM In reply to

Re: HELP! With files from Canon + Sony Cameras containg .MXF,.XML,.THM etc...

14 views apparantly... can no one help?

• Tue, May 7 2013 7:19 PM In reply to

bump, anyone ever answer this?

• Tue, May 7 2013 7:57 PM In reply to

"... i assume you use AMA and then ..."

Exactly.  Just make sure you've downloaded the current AMA Plug-Ins for MC v5.5.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, May 8 2013 3:24 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

PS - do not change the volume structure when you transfer to local drives - particularly the Sony .MP4 files will not work at all if you try to link to the individually - you volume mount the folder directly above the BPAV folder. Do not rename the .mp4 files (you can rename the files inside Avid once you've linked to them. Read the AMA plug in guide if in any doubt.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller