Latest post Tue, Jun 26 2012 5:32 PM by Daniel. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 26 2012 4:35 PM

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 26 2012
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

Returning To Avid

After a 3 and a half year gap where I used FCP I’m now back using Symphony (V6.0.1) on MAC. I’m having a little finger trouble as the programme appears slightly different J , anything major I should be aware of before I take on anything large ?

Thanks. 

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 26 2012 4:57 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: Returning To Avid

Not an FCP guy myself, so I can't talk about specifics. But there are a lot of sources out there that outline how to map an Avid keyboard like an FCP one to ease the transition. Might be worth looking into that!

Z

• Tue, Jun 26 2012 5:24 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

When I 1st started on FCP I tried changing my settings to mirror my last Avid ones , got a bit frustrating after a while. Will probably spend most of next weekend watching videos and stay behind for a bit of a play all next week before work starts the following Monday.

Quite excited.

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 26 2012 5:32 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

One concern I have is that some of the archive material will need fixing and I'm hoping the standard tools will get rid of some of the more serious faults without having to farm out to somebody with an Arcangel if I run out of time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller