Latest post Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:05 PM by James@Seamless. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:42 PM

• Akusaa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 1 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hmm [^o)] Copying mediafiles

Hi!

I'm working on a proffessionel project as an assitant. I'm the one who imports media in Avid so the editors have all the material and I also log using locators.

The thing is now I need to send some of the material, related to just one of the episodes in our tv-show, to an editor who is working on a different location. So the question is how do I copy the clips, with new name and locators intact, to a hard drive so he can just import it to his avid-system?

Is this even possible? Because I can't work it out on my own and neither can my friends. PLease help if possible!

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:05 PM In reply to

Re: Copying mediafiles

You need to send a copy of the media and a copy of the bins that have all the Master/subclips they need to work with.

The easiest way to copy over just some of your media is to put all the clips you are interested in into a sequence and then export that sequence as an AAF. Choose the option to Copy all Media and to export to a Folder.

You will get an AAF file (you can ignore this) and a new AvidMediaFiles folder with the necessary media.

Now send a copy of the bins they need or probably just the entire project for ease.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller