Latest post Tue, May 29 2012 12:51 AM by cozzie. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 28 2012 6:13 AM

• cozzie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 23 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

EssentialResourceNotAvailableError

I've searched all I can and nothing helpful as yet on this one. MC 6.1 on Lion 10.7.3 was working just fine until Davinci resolve lite was installed. Now "EssentialResourceNotAvailableError" prevents MC from launching. I've trashed Resolve and reinstalled Avid MC several times but with no joy. Trashed MC State and prefs files...no joy. Usually have media on EditShare connected but leaving EShare unmounted makes no difference. The only other similar post with this error has no common ground with this one so I'm a bit stuck. Any ideas? Appreciate some help on this one.

System Specs

Processor  2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

Decklink RT Extreme

MC 6.1

• Mon, May 28 2012 8:10 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,496
    • Points 63,715
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: EssentialResourceNotAvailableError

Check the Decklink driver to make sure it's the one that works with Media Composer.  Maybe the Resolve installation overwrote something that's expected.

You can try reinstalling Media Composer and/or removing the Decklink card to see if either one fixes it.  That might help determine what's going wrong.

Also, there have been some reports of Resolve not working properly with 10.7.4 so don't go there yet.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, May 28 2012 10:30 AM In reply to

• cozzie
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Thanks for the quick reply,  have already re installed MC several times but I'll try the Decklink driver and see if that fixes it.

• Tue, May 29 2012 12:51 AM In reply to

• cozzie
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

Well you were right on the money with that and I thank you! Reinstalled the Decklink driver and we're back on track. Thankyou hbrock, this is a great resource.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller