Latest post Thu, May 3 2012 6:40 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 1 2012 4:19 PM

• exmachina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2007
    • Posts 34
    • Points 530

URGENT HELP NEEDED: ReadRange - End Sample Error

I'm trying to consolidate my finished sequence to a different drive for delivery to a post house for color and sound work, and when I open the consolidated project, I get the following error:

EXCEPTION: MXF_DIDMapper::ReadRange - End Sample Index exceeds on-disk Index Entry Count. 

A quick description of my situation: my project was created as 1080p 24 and uses a variety of media, from FlipCam to 60D to XDCAM. The problem may lie with the XDCAM, which was shot at 23.98 and brought into the project. It plays fine, albeit with a green "render me" dot. The project's being at 1080p 24 was an oversight early on in the process.

Now that I've consolidated it, those XDCAM master clip all do not play at all - they result in the error, as does trying to play the sequence. Playing individual FlipCam clips or others works fine. 

I really need to get this thing consolidated so that it still plays, and soon. Can anyone help? Do I need to transcode all the XDCAM footage to 24fps?

I'm running Avid 5 on a Dell Inspiron 1520, 4GB of RAM, 2Ghz Inter Core Duo

• Thu, May 3 2012 6:40 AM In reply to

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED: ReadRange - End Sample Error

I've no idea if 23.98 will render to 24 but if it has a green dot and can play it should render. But I'd imagine it will look horrid.

That small difference will creates difficult blending or stuttering of the playback speed.

I'd start by taking 1 clip and transcoding it and seeing if that still won;t play. If it won't you have a problem for sure.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller