Latest post Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:11 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 19 2012 2:55 PM

DVCam import bad video quality

Hi Folks,

I have some problem with importing; please help me if you can.

From DVCam tapes (184 mins) I imported materials to Media Composer on my PC (HP nw8440 laptop) in PAL system, and the quality of the video is a bit bad (almost good, but just almost).

I realized little horizontal lines on picture, mostly when there are some movings/activities on it. And also a bit dim picture. It's a very light/little 'effect' on the picture, but it matters, of course.

So, any ideas?

On the tape - displaying on monitor - the picture is good (so, not this is the problem).

The AVID with my laptop also works well usually.

We tried to import with same the camcorder, which we shot with, and also with a Sony DVCam deck.

And we tried it with several FireWire cables (the problem was the same in every cases).

• Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:11 PM In reply to

Re: DVCam import bad video quality

I presume you are capturingt he DV content not importing?

Capturing using the cpature tool and using the firewire inputs.

If so the data on your Avid media drive is exactly the same as the data on the camera tape.

Nothing is done to it in that process. The data is just copied. And if there was a firewire cable or problem you'd get capture errors.

What setting is you timeline playback quality set to? Fully green or half green half yellow or even fully yellow?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller