Latest post Wed, Mar 7 2012 7:17 AM by Crazyedits23. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:01 PM

• Alex Tidow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 20 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Extended search: media status AND video

Hello,

I'm trying to create a customised extended search that will return only clips that have online MPEG 30 video.

In order to achieve this, I'm selecting "media status is online" and "video has MPEG 30" but this will return all masterclips that have ANY online media (i.e MPEG2 MPL 352 25i).

Is there any way to force it to display just online files WITHIN a chosen resolution?

When I go to "Advanced > Get/Set property > All Properties" I can see the following:

com.avid.workgroup.ResolutionList.MPEG 30 (direct)    online

Can I use this thext to perform a custom search? I'm using Avid Interplay Version 2.2.1.25995

Thanks.

• Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:42 PM In reply to

Re: Extended search: media status AND video

Did I answer you in the other post?

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

• Thu, Jan 26 2012 2:54 PM In reply to

• Alex Tidow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your suggestion in the other post, but it doesn't return what I'm after.

What I'd like to be able to do is search for a chosen resolution (in my case MPEG 30) and display only results that are online in that resolution. The problem I'm facing is that Access returns results for any resolution that is online (ignoring that the MPEG 30 is not online) as you can see in the image below:

Media Status and Video extended Search

The reason why I want to do this search is so I can first transcode the masterclips and then archive them.

• Wed, Feb 22 2012 11:18 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

I can't view your screengrab - can you post exactly what your search paramaters are?

As a short term fix - have you displayed a column to show you media online at MPEG30 (select resolutions from the drop down list on the search tab for properties)? If you did this, then you could sort the results by using this column and this would then highlight all of your media at MP30.

• Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:04 PM In reply to

• Alex Tidow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. The settings are:

Media Status IS Online +
    Video HAS Mpeg30

Screengrab:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Rw64zapR1ZZDUzZjNkYjctYzVkYy00NzdmLWFlNjMtNjhkMjY2NGM0ZDZl

I've done as you suggest (with “filtered” searches), but the problem with this approach is that we have over 500.000 clips and most of them are online in one resolution or another...

Our approach now is to capture the Hi-res media to a new workspace and include the workspace’s name in the search, which is more manageable although is not exactly what I need/want:

Media Status IS Online +
    Video HAS Mpeg30 +
    Workspace IS “MyNewWorkspace

• Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:58 PM In reply to

Alex Tidow:
    Screengrab:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Rw64zapR1ZZDUzZjNkYjctYzVkYy00NzdmLWFlNjMtNjhkMjY2NGM0ZDZl

Sorry but I also couldn't see this screen grab. I recommend you minus.com to post pictures.

Sincerely 

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

• Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:06 PM In reply to

"... Our approach now is to capture the Hi-res media to a new workspace ..."

Same here. 

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Mar 7 2012 7:17 AM In reply to

I have a similar/same problem working with a multirez environment. Proxy/DV25. I want to search for:

Media status is online

Current video resolution is DV25

that way I can find the media online inDV25 and delete that media leaving just the proxy online.

I end up getting all the online media because the media is "online" in some form, meaning the proxy media. Since at some point the file location shows it was online in DV25 just not online currently. When what I want to find is the media that is currently online in DV25.

I believe the problem here is the "current video resolution" column. even though as some point I delete the DV25 media this column still lists the media as DV25, when is should be list as the proxy res. even if I update status from media indexer it does not change.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller