Latest post Wed, Jan 11 2012 9:13 AM by Julian Firminger. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:02 PM

QT export file name lenght limited to 27 characters

Exporting sequences with names longer than 27 characters, Avid truncates the name.  Has anyone got a work around to force it to pickup more.  Bare in mind we're talking AUTOMATED exports to FlipFactory monitored folders here so manually inputing or changing filenames is not possible. 

Workgroup of 6 z800's running MC6.0 8Gb FC fabric 40TB StorNext SAN 120TB StorNext nearline tape [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:00 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

Re: QT export file name lenght limited to 27 characters

Julian Firminger:
    Has anyone got a work around to force it to pickup more.
    It isn't possible, since you have a fully automated process.  The "workaround" is to use names less than 27 characters long.

If your process wasn't fully automated I'd suggest exporting to an intermediate folder, rename the exported file, then move it the watched folder.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 11 2012 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: QT export file name lenght limited to 27 characters

Well that's anoying.  I suspect the reason it does this is tied to seq/bin name limits for legacy project sharing.  like the code that governs that is used for the export paturn.  Might have to get a code monkey to look at this.  changing our FNC is really not on the cards. 

Thanks tho.

Workgroup of 6 z800's running MC6.0 8Gb FC fabric 40TB StorNext SAN 120TB StorNext nearline tape [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller