Latest post Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:17 AM by haukez. 68 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 6 2012 9:52 AM In reply to

• Enrico
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 29 2010
    • Italy - Grosseto
    • Posts 57
    • Points 725

Re: Sorenson Media and Avid Comm. re: Sorenson Squeeze 8

Would like to thank Marianna and all AVID team, you are really a priceless resource for AVID

AMD phenom2 x4 965 asrock 880g extreme3 4x2gb ddr3 Win seven ultimate [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2012 12:41 PM In reply to

• WILLfx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 18 2011
    • Germany
    • Posts 24
    • Points 280

There at last! Everything worked flawlessly. Thank you so much. Praise to Marianna, the AVID team and Sorenson to have worked this out.

Happy New Year

MC 2018.5.1, BCC 10, Adobe CC 2018, iMacPro 10 core, OSX 10.13.5, 64 GB, Aja ioEXPRESS [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2012 1:02 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,623
    • Points 60,385

I posted this in 'Completing your suite' but did you guys notice that export to DNxHD has been fixed in this new version of Squeeze 8 ?

FYI - it was broken in the first release of Squeeze 8 - you could export in every flavor of Avid MOV except DNxHD.

Glad it's fixed - surprised it wasn't mentioned, though.

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 2:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,156
    • Points 217,345
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Barkin...

My ommision - apologies.  Having just back from a week out, I am responding fast and furiously and missed that.  :)

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 2:49 PM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

Installed version 8 Full, and have a problem. I have two XSS files (Presets) from my older versions of Squeeze. In S8, they will not be kept after import and one of them does not import at all.

Are these known bugs in S8?

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 2:49 PM In reply to

• Edsad
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,195

Well done 'Avid' and 'Sorenson' - big thank you - update installed without a problem

Ed

Custom Built OS - Windows 7 Prof - MC 5.5 MC 6 Liquid 7.2 Avid Studio - Asus P6X58D-E Mobo - Intel Core i7-930 Processor - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM... [view my complete system specs]

Custom built - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - Asus P5W Deluxe mboard - Radeon X1950XTX Graphics - Kingston 2GB Ram - Audigy 2ZS Sound - 3 x WD 500 GB Sata drives - Windows XP Pro

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:06 PM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

Sorry, but I did foind the XSS files. They were saved somewhere else.

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:20 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 728
    • Points 11,085

Avid really has shown itself to be a first-rate company today. I appreciate the effort put forth to make this happen. Credit where credit is due! Huzzah!

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:46 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,623
    • Points 60,385

Marianna:

Barkin...

My ommision - apologies.  Having just back from a week out, I am responding fast and furiously and missed that.  :)

Marianna

Hi Marianna - no apologies required - I would have thought Sorenson would have noted this on the 'Completing your Suite' forum. It's good news, after all ;-)

Thanks

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Jan 6 2012 10:20 PM In reply to

• sasfog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Bristol United Kingdom
    • Posts 314
    • Points 3,935

A huge thank you to Marianna and the team. Installed flawlessly and that is unusual for me Wink

Graham

HP Z400 6 Core Intel Xeon W3680 3.33GHz 6GB memory NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB PCIe graphics card MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 7 2012 5:19 AM In reply to

Whenever I hear "Marianna is on it" my brain experiences a small endorphin-bath and I can't help but relax and smile.  Geeked

Antec P183 Antec CP-850 850W Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8MB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Asus P6T Deluxe v2 OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 12GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna for this update. So those of us who paid for the upgrade will be contaced by you, or do we contact you? Again, thanks!!! wim

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:04 PM In reply to

• HLinke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,220

A big thank you to Marianna and the AVID and Sorenson Team who solved this topic with their customers in mind. We are all human and things can go wrong or different than expected. It needs a big mind and a lot of effort to solve issues in a way that makes all customers happy. With the solution offering all customers the full version of Sorenson Squeeze 8 and creating a smooth upgrade process AVID showed that they value their customers.

The update was very easy and worked with no problem.

Thanks again.

Harold

• Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:46 PM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 301
    • Points 3,410

Thank you all for the work put into getting the new version of squeeze V8 with MC6

I upgraded to the version of squeeze from the above link from the sorenson site.

No version numbers are mentioned during the download or install but I now appaer to have mac version 8.0.1.30

However I got the email from Sorenson quoted below together with my activation code ( using the AVID MC6 serial number)

Is the above verson the full V8 or an Avid V8 as suggested below?

Do Sorenson need to change their activation email?

Do we have the "benifits" listed beow with our avid version?

Thanks again Steve

Subject: Product Registration

Date: 6 January 2012 13:06:07 GMT

Thank you for using Squeeze in conjunction with your Avid Editing Product. Your activation is almost complete. Please review the information below. If all is correct, you can activate Squeeze with the activation key provided below.

Did you know that you are using an older version of Squeeze? If you just installed Squeeze 7 for Avid you can upgrade for free toSqueeze 8 for Avid by downloading the installer here. Just use your current serial number.

Also, this is your chance to get current with the full version of Squeeze 8!

Here are some of the benefits you'll get by upgrading to the full version of Squeeze 8:

• Encode H.264 video up to 3x faster using NVIDIA CUDA GPUs.
    • Easily prepare, segment and deliver Adaptive Bitrate encodes for mobile device streaming, including iPhone, iPad & more!
    • Save time and money with the integrated Review & Approval workflow with your complimentary Sorenson 360 account.
    • Simplify your workflow with multi-file encoding and watch folders.
    • Utilize native plugins to all major NLEs including Adobe Premeire and Final Cut Pro.
    • Create ATSC HD, DVB, MPEG Transport & Program Streams. Create Blu?ray in H.264, VC?1 or MPEG?2 with AC3 audio.
    • Each copy of Squeeze 8 includes the Dolby Certified AC3 Consumer encoder.

Get all of this for only $149. Upgrade now from any previous version of Squeeze (save $250).

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:17 PM In reply to

• HLinke
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,220

Hi Steve,

I got the same e-mail when activating the update V8 version.

This is still the same e-mail that was send when activating the V8 Lite version. I think they forgot to update the e-mail message. We have now the full version of squeeze 8 and an upgrade is not needed anymore.

Harold

Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller