Latest post Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:32 AM by Ferenc Kovacs. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:35 PM

• prostudio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 19 2010
    • Posts 242
    • Points 3,400

Ok, i shoot and edited HD now what?

when i export from MC5 as is, i get a mov file and nothing in my pc can open and view it

we are talking about 5-7 minutes clips

what are u recomending to do for:

1. dvd virsion for the client

2. internet best quality

Media Composer 6.5 - PC Intel i7 3.47Mhz / 16GB 1333Mhz / Nvidia Quadro 600 / 64bit Win7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:47 PM In reply to

Re: Ok, i shoot and edited HD now what?

Well if on a PC i'd get a blu-ray burner for a start so you can use Avid DVD to make a Blu-ray.

That will also allow you to make an SD DVD version as well.

And then Sorenson Squeeze to take that Avid ouput file to make whatever flavour web file you need.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
  • Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:54 PM In reply to

• prostudio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 242
    • Points 3,400

thanks pat, well my clients don't have a BR devices

so my question is

for a short movies 5-7 minute

how should i export and what settings should i use in sorenson to:

1. put a file on a DVD for DVD devices

2. for internet

and get the best quality i can?

Media Composer 6.5 - PC Intel i7 3.47Mhz / 16GB 1333Mhz / Nvidia Quadro 600 / 64bit Win7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 8:55 AM In reply to

• prostudio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 242
    • Points 3,400

someone please?

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:55 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,947
    • Points 70,320

Difficult to help You out without knowing which software You're going to use; I usually export QT ref and put them straight itnto Avid DVD.

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:05 AM In reply to

• Hugh Moore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 29 2010
    • South Australia
    • Posts 44
    • Points 570

There are some tutorial videos at Sorenson. http://www.sorensonmedia.com/encode/videos/

Regards

Hugh

MC 8.3.1 MB: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX750 RAM: 12 GB Windows 10 Boot Drive: SSD Monitors: Dual User: Hobbyist [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 12:11 PM In reply to

Hi,

prostudio:
    1. put a file on a DVD for DVD devices

Sorensen has DVD presets built in.  Use those.

prostudio:
    2. for internet

Does your client have a specification for you to follow, or is it up to you to pick whatever you think looks best?  If it's up to you, in my experience h264 Quicktimes generally look good, and Flash generally looks good - there are Sorensen presets for both of them.

If your client has a spec, what is it?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 12:45 PM In reply to

• prostudio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 242
    • Points 3,400

my clients don't care as long as it looks good

most of the time i make them 5-10 minutes movie of the event

then they want it on DVD , PC high quality for projecting and internet virsion

my goal is to keep the best quality to show the FHD shoot

on MC5 i don't touch the output just select MOV and maintain aspect ratio, but then WMP and QUICKTIME dose not show it, i guess codec issues and ofcours my client nether I needs a 20GB file

so i need ur help what settings to export the MOV from MC5 to keepit the highest res, then wich settings to convert it on Sorenson for burning a DVD with nero and WMV virsion that shows the HD quality in normal size

• Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:32 AM In reply to

Hi,

probably your nick is misleading... When you choose MOV you should also choose Format, because mov is just a container and the codec inside is really important. (I don't use Sorenson so my suggestion is about to export directly from MC.) After clicking on Format there is a video section, where you can choose from the codecs that are available on your computer.

- For standard dvd you have to scale down the resolution at some point, so the question is, what software do you use for authoring and burning dvds and what source format can it work from. You can either export HD material (I recommend h264 or Mpeg4 codec) if the dvd software can handle it, or you can export SD material (after selecting MOV, enter 720x576 16:9 "size to fit" then choose codec - h264 or mpeg4 also works here, but you can make dv-compressed output as well, it works well for me in Adobe Encore)

- For the internet, it's not clear if you want small files with draft (but still ok) quality to send easily or you want to publicate in the best possible quality. For the first I say 640x360 mpeg4 with 1-2Mbit/s bit rate, and mp4 AAC audio gives good results, but even this way 5-7mins will require a "large file sending" service. For the second, stay in HD (h264 or mpeg4 again) as you can upload fullsize best quality files on e.g. youtube. If your file gets extremely big without a video data rate restriction, you can put a 30-35Mbit/s limit to push the file size of 7 mins below 2GB.

HP Z420 MC 2018.12.3/2018.18.2/7.0.4 MINT server-client network [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller