Latest post Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:34 PM by Schnittlauch. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 5 2011 9:27 PM

Can't export graphics

I've got a client that is anable to export TIFF (or other graphic) format from Media Composer.  Go to export and nothing happens (looks like it works, but no graphics image is saved).

Was running v5.5.2, just upgraded to v5.5.3 and had same problem.  Tried another user and another project with no effect.  Also removed MCSTATE and other settings files with no effect.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Kane Peterson
    VTP

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 9:30 PM In reply to

• E-GoRe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 25 2011
    • Ontario
    • Posts 155
    • Points 1,905

Re: Can't export graphics

Try right clicking the file in the bin and selecting export, then select options, then chose graphic, then see if that helps.

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 9:32 PM In reply to

• E-GoRe
    • Not Ranked
    • Ontario
    • Posts 155
    • Points 1,905

Sounds like it might be a 5.5.3 issue. Someone else just posted the same issue within a minute. Perhaps a moderator can chime in here.

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:13 PM In reply to

PC 5.5.3.1 with Adrenaline attached with a PAL 1920 project open exports Tiff, Targa, Photoshop and JPEG in a quick test here. (First 4 I tried). Never had a problem with 5.5.3 in the past

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:34 PM In reply to

• E-GoRe
    • Not Ranked
    • Ontario
    • Posts 155
    • Points 1,905

Weird! I have 5.5.3at work and it works for me too.

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:46 PM In reply to

Yea, client said that is was working in 5.5.2 until a bit ago.  I remoted into his system and updated to 5.5.3 just to see if a reinstall would help, but it didn't.

Hoping someone else has run into that knows the secret.

Kane Peterson
    VTP

• Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:54 PM In reply to

What, if any, versions of Sony XDCAM software are installed?

• Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:00 PM In reply to

we have the same Problem.

MC 5.0.3 with Mojo DX, Nitris DX and MXO2 on WIN 7 64. All machines have XDCAM-Software installed.

11* Z820 32GB Samsung PCIe SSD with Avid Media Composer 8.5 5 with Nitris DX 1 with Mojo DX 1 with Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 12G some xw8600 with... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:22 PM In reply to

• Brian Suttie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,570

Schnittlauch:

we have the same Problem.

MC 5.0.3 with Mojo DX, Nitris DX and MXO2 on WIN 7 64. All machines have XDCAM-Software installed.

Yes, but what version of the XDCam Drive Utility? There's a known problem with V3

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/100609.aspx?PageIndex=2 

You can easily see if this is your problem by disabling the XDCam driver - right click on it in the system tray or disable it on startup as follows :

"Note: By default, version 3.0 automatically starts the XDCAM Drive Utility upon Windows startup and a drive icon will appear in the system tray in the lower right corner of the Windows Task Bar. You may change this behavior by right clicking on the XDCAM Drive software icon and unchecking "Resident at logged on"."

regards

Brian

"We'll fix it in post"
    "This is post"
    "aaaahh"

• Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:34 PM In reply to

Thanks, that's it!

(and I wondered about a lot of "OUT OF MEMORY"-Errors... tztztz...)

11* Z820 32GB Samsung PCIe SSD with Avid Media Composer 8.5 5 with Nitris DX 1 with Mojo DX 1 with Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 12G some xw8600 with... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller