Latest post Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:39 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:02 AM

MC6 Activating problem

I am installing Media Composer 6.  I purchased Media Composer 5.5 and I received my free upgrade serial number.  I entered ever thing in during installation and now on the window that says Avid License Control I clicked on 'Activate and Register' and its reading 'Activating' in the lower left corner.  The first time I did it I waited 30 minutes.  I'm now on my second attempt and it's been reading 'Activating' for 35 minutes.  What am I doing wrong?

Greg

• Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:06 AM In reply to

Re: MC6 Activating problem

Greg:

Sounds like an anti-virus or firewall problem to me.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Nov 24 2011 3:01 AM In reply to

If you never installed MC5.5, then you probably have the wrong type of SN#.  I purchased the 5.5 upgrade for the free MC 6.0, but I never installed 5.5.  I ran into the same problem.  Marianna then gave me a 5.0 to 6.0 SN# and activation was successful.

Hope this helps,

David

AMD Phenom II 1090T Six-Core processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card with 1 GB memory, HDMI, onboard RealTek HD audio ports, analog and... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Greg,

If you registered the MC 5.5 then there is NO NEED to register the MC 6 so you should bypass that screen.  Activation will occur then.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller