Latest post Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:03 AM by Eweinhold. 44 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 17 2011 11:43 AM

• clipwerk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 47
    • Points 600

MC6 wrong keyboard setting

Hello,

I have installed MC6 on a HP Z400 machine, FX1800, 12GB Ram

OS Win 7 64bit German language.

the systemkeyboard is set to DE (deutsch - austria)

If I start a project MC6 noticed me that the keyboard settings have changed.

Inside MC6 the keyboard is English (United States), i can not change it.

With MC 5.5.3 all worked fine.

Any tips?

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

Media Composer 8.8.1 / Symphony 8.8.1 / Blackmagic 4k Minimonitor / HP Z400 / Quadro 5000 / Windows 10 Prof. 64 bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 17 2011 12:03 PM In reply to

Re: MC6 wrong keyboard setting

I have the same Problem. I noticed to that pressing the buttons on the keyboard for A3 and A4 results in entering trim mode. I found no way to change that . Reapplying from command palette didn't solve that.

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:58 PM In reply to

• Eike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 17 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

I'm having the same problems. I can't even change the button assignment properly using the command palette :-(

Any news on that issue by anyone?

Thanks and best wishes

Eike

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:21 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

I have noticed some keyboard issues on my US keyboard so I am going to escalate this thread to Avid.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:55 PM In reply to

• clipwerk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 47
    • Points 600

Thanks Lews

Thomas

Media Composer 8.8.1 / Symphony 8.8.1 / Blackmagic 4k Minimonitor / HP Z400 / Quadro 5000 / Windows 10 Prof. 64 bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 18 2011 11:44 AM In reply to

• tasiziso
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi!

Let me clarify some moments...

clipwerk:
    Inside MC6 the keyboard is English (United States), i can not change it.

So, you can't change it with system's hotkey (Ctrl/Alt +Shift, etc.) or switching it by mouse on the taskbar?

And one more thing - if any of this approaches work - does MC inform you, that layout has been changed and some hotkeys may not function properly and MC needs to be restarted?

Thanks

• Fri, Nov 18 2011 11:57 PM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Pomona CA
    • Posts 71
    • Points 1,085

I have one for you pressing the audio buttons on my keyboard activates the trim mode.

AMD Ryzen X1700 MB Asus Crosshair 6 Hero Asus GTX1070 8MB Memory 32GB Avid Media Composer 8.8.5 Symphony option [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 19 2011 12:24 AM In reply to

Same problem with a french keyboard... I hope this will be fixed soon...

Avid MC 2018-8 on PC Intel I7 + 32 Go RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, LaCie 4big Quadra Disc Raid 5, RME Fireface UC audio card + ProTools + Command|8 + Yamaha... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 19 2011 12:21 PM In reply to

• clipwerk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 47
    • Points 600

@ tasiziso

My windows system is german language.
    if I start MC6 it informs me that my locale input.... would be changed

and after that its not possible to work with the keyboard.

My workaraound for now is. I changed my settings in windows to US
    and so its possibel to use editing with the keyboard in a limited way.

Best regards
    Thomas

• Sat, Nov 19 2011 2:41 PM In reply to

• tasiziso
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi!

Some questions about the keys:

clipwerk:
    I changed my settings in windows to US

So, if the default keyboard layout (set in the system)is other than US - some keys do not function properly(eg. transition "\" key). In case it's US - every key works as it's designed. Correct?

I've just played with my system, looked into the layout properties and made a screenshots of them.

Could you confirm, that they are the same or so?

Here is the picture

German keystrokes

Upper is the US, which I hope works fine, and the lower is the German. Lower do not contain backslash ("\"), which used to be as transition add. Instead, here is the jail symbol, which does type ("#") in the notepad.

Does this the thing, that you see on your system?  If so, MC receives the "#" symbol, not the backslash on German(German) layout and that's why transition is not added.

The quickiest (but still harmful for the standard settings) is mapping the foreign keyboard setting on German(German) layout(map \ to #). Note, harmful, means Foreign mapping overwrites the Standard one, so better to create one more settings for keyboard and use it on German(German) layout, although it's not the most optimal solution. Hope, this behavior will be fixed in future.

Hope my post helps clearing the things

• Mon, Nov 21 2011 2:18 PM In reply to

• Eike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 17 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Anything I tried didn't help. Can't map the keyboard the way I need it. Switching back to MC 5.5 now... Hope this will be fixed soon :-(

• Mon, Nov 21 2011 2:41 PM In reply to

• GuyBooth
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Toronto Ontario Canada
    • Posts 565
    • Points 7,670

I am having two problems with my keyboard, both on switching full screen mode using Ctrl-Shft-F. This seems to have strated after I mapped some keys on my keyboard - but none that relate to the functions giving me the problems below.

1. If there is a clip in my source monitor, even when I have selected the timeline when I switch to full screen mode the screen switches back and forth a couple of times and then displays the Source Monitor, not the timeline. When I press the space bar, it switches to the timeline and plays the timeline. When I press spacebar again, it stops playing but sometime switches back to display the source monitor.

2. During this switching process, I have occasionally been given the attached message - which means nothing to me. I am using a US keyboard.

Intel i7-2600K OC'd at 4.50 GHz, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 MoBo, WD 10k rpm 300 GB Sata2 system drive, 2x2TB SATA3 RAID 0 Media & Render drive, 16GB... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

lasss productions

• Mon, Nov 21 2011 3:04 PM In reply to

• video652
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Posts 525
    • Points 6,220

kmaultsby:

I have one for you pressing the audio buttons on my keyboard activates the trim mode.

Using my audio buttons on my computer does activate the trim mode. I really have to be careful about this.

HP Zbook 17 G2. 16gigs of ram, Nvidia k4100m [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 21 2011 11:30 PM In reply to

• Vinne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 26 2006
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,175

I'm working with a German keyboard layout here and have the same problems.  I switched to American English layout in Windows and were able to map a few buttons but not all of them.  It would be very helpful if this issue were solved with the next patch.

Pressing the audio buttons does not activate the trim mode on my keyboard, by the way.  I don't really understand what's going on there.

2 x HP z400, 3.2 GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2000, MC 7.0.3, Matrox MXO2 MAX mini, LaCie RAID 2TB eSata, Win7 64 Bit SP1 HP xw8400, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 22 2011 12:33 AM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

It should be solved in the upcoming patch. Marianna has posted that there will be 100+ bug fixes in that patch and it should arrive in fairly short order. Hang tight.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller