Latest post Thu, Jan 5 2012 8:54 PM by Marianna. 478 replies.
Page 27 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:17 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,500
    • Points 64,515

Re: Do we get Squeeze 8 with MC 6?

Reanimated, You can click on the button "Email Subscription Disabled" on the top left corner of the page to enable email notification whenever someone posts to a discussion, and You'll always find threads of Your interest right into Your mail client; email subscription goes on by default when You post to a thread.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have the same question. Just bought Avid for the full price and the package with Squeeze8 made me think it was reasonable at the end. Avid advertisements also say Squeeze 8 is included, also my Avid dealer told me so. Then on the disc is Squeeze 7. Then a paper is included to explain I can download Squeeze 8 from the Avid download page and it will work. After all processes it gets clear that it is a cheap Lite version for amateurs.

I can not appreciate this and hope that Avid will make a clear point to customers.

Thank you

• Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:41 PM In reply to

Before this spins out of control, as Marianna posted, Sorenson was in Burlington for 2 days for meetings and we'll have a message shortly about how we will move forward. Working on that now.

Thanks

Dave

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:17 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,156
    • Points 217,345
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey everyone.....

First off, as Dave said - Product Management has been meeting with Sorenson the past few days and Squeeze was a big part of that.

Second, we know closure on is a long time coming and I personally want to thank you all for your patience as the team worked to find a solution to the issue raised here on the forum.  Unfortunately, as I posted in response to  DFW, TVJohn and others last week ...  sometimes implementing change especially within large companies can take longer than we would like, but when all is said and done, I think you folks will be happy with the final result. 

I believe Dave mentioned in a previous post that Avid and Sorenson have a long-standing partnership and have been working for the past year on extending and expanding that partnership. We've both agreed to many positive changes, like adding Sorenson Squeeze to Academic purchases and now including Sorenson Squeeze for Avid support customers both of which never had this before.  As you are all VERY aware :)  a new version of Sorenson Squeeze was introduced that was different from previous versions of Sorenson Squeeze, and while this new version had new functionality, it also limited some of the features.  Your posts, emails and calls showed the product teams that these features were very important and had become an instrumental part of your workflow. 

Thanks to the passionate reactions J and tons of feedback you all provided, we are going to reinstate the full version of Sorenson Squeeze 8 that is feature compatible with the previous version of Sorenson Squeeze that was included with Media Composer 5.5.   So thi means you will receive some of the great new features of Sorenson Squeeze 8, like GPU accelerated encoding, adaptive bit rate encoding, NLE plugins, new format support and  more.  

Sorenson also offers some great services like integrated Review & Approval functionality with Sorenson 360, the online video platform.  You can add that functionality to your workflow for $99 at sorensonmedia.com/avid or try it out for free at http://www.sorensonmedia.com/video-delivery-network   

Dave and his team are currently working through the issues with Sorenson and our Customer Success team and we need a few more days to work through the internal processes to be able to provide you with access to the full version of Sorenson Squeeze 8.  If you are really stuck with a workflow issue, you can contact me off list ( my email addy is below) and I can work to get you a code.  Naturally, I would prefer that you wait a few more days on this as we have a lot of logistics to workout.

Also note that if you did already upgrade to the Sorenson Squeeze full version, we will have a process for you too. Not sure exactly how we will address that piece but we will. 

Thanks again for your patience and commitment ..... stand by for more information on the next steps which I hope to have early next week.

Marianna and Dave

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:25 AM In reply to

• Simon Zimmer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, May 20 2010
    • Easton, Maryland - USA
    • Posts 406
    • Points 4,980

Outstanding!

This is why I LOVE AVID!!!!!!!!!!! (and SS of course too! ;))

Great decision!

Simon

MC6 Intel Core i7 x980 3.33GHz 12GB RAM Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 3 HD's in RAID 0 (7200rpm) [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:37 AM In reply to

Excellent news! You guys are awesome for coming through on your word.

MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5, 2.7ghz Core i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, Avid MC 8.0. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:43 AM In reply to

Great work from Dave, Marianna and the Customer Success Team!!

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:44 AM In reply to

Major Kudos to Marianna, Dave and the team partners for doing the right thing and standing behind their word. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!YesYesYes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 1:07 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,321
    • Points 53,415

Clearly, an exemplary effort on behalf of the Avid Community. With actions such as these, Avid reinforces the belief that an Avid purchase extends beyond the purchase of software, you are buying into a complete support solution.

Excellent news, credit Dave, Marianna, and their associates for listening and responding, way to go...

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 1:20 AM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 591
    • Points 6,695

great news.

avid does have integrity!

many thanks to dave, marianna, their team, and anyone on this forum who did fight for what is right.

Yes

symphony 2018.12.1 - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (411.63) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2 - MSI... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 1:40 AM In reply to

• Alcy
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 10 2009
    • Posts 1,002
    • Points 12,975

Thank you so much, Dave and Marianna for bringing this great news. I'm looking forward in using the full version. I really need the  GPU accelerated encoding. Many thanks for both of your great work representing and working on our behalf.

Avid MC 8.1

Windows 8.1

HP Z800
    Dual Intel Xeon E5530 2.4GHz
    24GB RAM
    SAS 320GB @ 15K RPM OS Hard Drive
    1TB HD and 1.5TB HD Internal
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3800

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:05 AM In reply to

Thank you to everyone at Avid and Sorenson involved w/ this... and also to the users who brought this to everyone's attention.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:25 AM In reply to

Great work!

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:36 AM In reply to

• Edsad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,195

Excellent news from a 'listening' Company - credit also to those on this Forum who brought this to the attention of Avid

Custom Built OS - Windows 7 Prof - MC 5.5 MC 6 Liquid 7.2 Avid Studio - Asus P6X58D-E Mobo - Intel Core i7-930 Processor - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM... [view my complete system specs]

Custom built - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - Asus P5W Deluxe mboard - Radeon X1950XTX Graphics - Kingston 2GB Ram - Audigy 2ZS Sound - 3 x WD 500 GB Sata drives - Windows XP Pro

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:19 AM In reply to

• cjvm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 30 2005
    • wales
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,085

Great news, thanks all.

Hopefully anyone waiting for a resolution before getting MC6 will now go ahead (I was one).

Happy Xmas all.

Big Smile

Intel i7 4GHz, Nvidia Quadro K2200 4Gb ram, 32Gb ram, 2 Tb Data HDD, 256Gb SSD, various external HDD & NAS, W8.1 Pro 64bit, Blackmagic Design Intensity... [view my complete system specs]

CJ

Page 27 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller