Latest post Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:12 PM by James@Seamless. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:43 PM

Dropped frames importing video shot by Canon 5D Mark II

I shot my video with Canon 5D Mark II in 1080 24 frames per second with 1/50 shutter speed with camera on tripod. When imported to AVid Media Composer 5.5.3 transcoded to mxf files there are dropped frames noticeble when there is motion in front of the camera. the motions were not fast. The motions where normal speed of entering or exiting frame. Has any one come across this problem? does any one have a solution? 

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Processor: 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Memory: 6GB 1066 MHz DDR3 Processor interconnect speed: 5.86 GT/s [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 6 2011 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Dropped frames importing video shot by Canon 5D Mark II

Hi,

On the TC track of your timeline, do you see any small red, blue, or yellow lines?  They might help narrow the problem down if they're there.

Before you respond, go to your forum profile and add your system information to your profile.  This will help us figure out what the problem is.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:00 PM In reply to

And when you "imported" did you use File > Import or File > Link to AMA Volume

If you are linked via AMA, playback will be choppy because h264 is a highly-compressed codec.  Try transcoding to a DNxHD codec for better performance.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:12 PM In reply to

Th Canon 24fps is actually 23.98. Is there maybe a mismatch with the project settings.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller