Latest post Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:39 PM by Larry Rubin. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:56 PM

Controlling accleration in moves in 5.5?

Okay, so I've built a rolling title in 5.5, great, same old roll as it always has been.

Also on top of the roll there are some graphic elements that roll with it.

I've laid the .psd (with an alpha) on top, and put in my keyframes to make it roll with the credit roll ... BUT ... There is acceleration attached to the move, and (unlike the older versions) I DON'T see an accceleration setting in the effect editor. So my graphics accelerate in and out of the move, which doesn't work at all in a rolling title (moves all over, instead of a nice linear move)

What am I missing?

• Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:04 PM In reply to

Re: Controlling accleration in moves in 5.5?

Hi,

In the effect editor, click on the little button on the lower right corner that looks like a graph to open up the keyframe graphs.  Then right-click on one of the position keyframes and select "Linear" from the pop-up menu.  That should fix it.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:08 PM In reply to

Ahh crap, I knew it was something simple ... LOL, you do stuff for years and get used to something :) LOL, thanx ... (Hard to believe I've been doing this for so long!)

Keyframe graphs *shakes fist*

thanx :)

• Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:18 PM In reply to

Smile  No problem!  It'd be easy except they keep moving stuff around!

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:42 PM In reply to

Yah exactly! ... I was like "What the ... where is it??, I've done this a million times ... " lol

Thanx again :)

• Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:39 PM In reply to

"I know engineers, they just LOVE to change things!"  

CMO Leonard McCoy                                                                               

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller