Latest post Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:45 PM by Joachim Claus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:03 PM

"Link to AMA volume" creates one long clip which can't be played

Here's my problem: I've saved two XDCAM EX voumes on my harddrive (one file above BPAV, just like you're supposed to,) and when I try to link to them with AMA in MC 5.0, rather than the several clips I usually get, I get one long clip.  When I try to open that clip in preview or drag it to the timeline, I'm told "Exception: this sequence or one of its source elements is too long to be played."  I've never had this problem before, but I think it has something to do with the fact that one of the clips is spanned from one voume to the next.  (Other saved volumes on my hard drive without spanned clips work fine.) 

If anyone can help me out, I'd be much obliged.

• Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:41 PM In reply to

Re: "Link to AMA volume" creates one long clip which can't be played

Hi,

Can you use the Sony software to break up the spanned clip?  That's what I'd try first.

ciao,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Oct 28 2011 4:02 PM In reply to

Carl,

Unfortunately I'm shooting on a JVC camera that uses XDCAM EX so I don't have that software.  I wonder if I can download it though?

-Frank

• Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:26 PM In reply to

Hi Frank,

Maybe ProHD Clip Manager is JVC's version:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/software_dow.jsp?model_id=MDL101860&feature_id=17

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:45 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 914
    • Points 11,705

Marvin Video:

Unfortunately I'm shooting on a JVC camera that uses XDCAM EX so I don't have that software.  I wonder if I can download it though?

-Frank

Frank,

I have the two JVC cameras (HM700 and HM100) and use Sony's clipbrowser or new XDCAM Browser (version 1.3) for managing clips before AMA-access from within MC. Usually, I copy the whole SDHC-card to hard disk (without modifying their file structure. If there are spanned clips, I just combine them into one clip. Clipbrowser/XDCAM-browser are also very useful, when I take more shots on a SDHC card, which I already copied to hard disk. In such case, I use Clipbrowser/XDCAM-browser to copy the new clips from SDHC-card to hard disk.

you can download Sony Clipbrowser (version 2.6) from here:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro-xdcamex-downloads-XDCAMEXClipBrowserWindowsMac.shtml

and the XDCAM-Browser from here:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro-xdcam-downloads-XDCAMSoftwareDownload.shtml#apps

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller