Latest post Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:43 PM by Mediagix. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:08 PM

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

Add Tracking Tool to Animated Marquee Title + workaround

You can track every casual Avid Title, right from within the effect editor, up to two trackers plus Offest Tracking. This option is not available with Animated Marquee Titles and hereby requested.

Here's the workaround I found:

In order to make an Animated Marquee Titles as trackable, alt-add a matte-key on top. Step-in 2 steps, clipboardcopy
    key and fill from animated title (V2 and V3). Step-out 1 step, overwrite the title with clipboard content. Step out and find the matte-key to be trackable from within the effect editor. Promote to 3d, if range is insufficient. It's realtime.

Very handy, if you wanna (offset) track one of these animated text-on-path:

http://community.avid.com/forums/post/578251.aspx?elq_mid=5045&elq_cid=5553910

PS

Let me know, if you could get the 3D warp to do it, too. That would give you four trackers.

PPS

Please add the "thank you" button to the forum

about.me/c.g.fell

• Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:36 PM In reply to

• Mahoja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 16 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Re: Add Tracking Tool to Animated Marquee Title + workaround

Hi Mediagix,

I know this is a really old post, but since I currently trying to add a tracking tool to an animated title and can't seem to get it working, I thought I reply on it.
    Basically I do everything you say. The only problem is I can't copy video track 3 after I have stepped in twice. It is locked and can't be unlocked. Do you know a solution to this?

Cheers Martin

• Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:43 PM In reply to

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

Re: Add Tracking Tool to Animated Marquee Title + workaround

you need to make sure you hit ALT and copy to source monitor both the fill and key from the stepped-in marquee title.

then step out and paste into the nest of the matte key, effectively overwriting the marquee with its own content.

about.me/c.g.fell

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller