Latest post Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:15 PM by Kevin Klimek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:31 PM

My AMA files are all of a sudden not yellow and act like normal clips.

I am using AMA to as a tool for Offline / Online workflow (as I was taught at BBC in previous job). The workflow isthis: open bin, link to AMA. Transcode to lo res. Complete Edit. Thenhighlight AMA, transcode to hi rez andrelink sequence.

In this project there were fortunately only 4 P2 cards - I found the original AMA bins and checked that they were all linking then closed bins 2, 3 and 4. Having transcoded 'card 1 AMA bin' to HD CAM 50mbps, when I opened the 'card 2 AMA bin' to transcode it, the AMA files we no longer yellowbut looked like normal clips and said that they were in the drive where the lorez footage was originally digitized although the directory has a colon after its name followed by a strange code ie: 'MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE:BBC20110730_2'. Also they are offline.

I cannot simply re-import the AMA files as I do not think the files transcoded from these new AMA files will relinkto the sequences.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have a solution / workaround?

Thanks

Kit: AVID MC 3.5.9; MOJO SDI; MacPro dual 3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon RAM: 2GB 800MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM; EDIT SHARE Storage

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:50 PM In reply to

Re: My AMA files are all of a sudden not yellow and act like normal clips.

Sometimes AMA clips lose their links.  Open a new bin and re-AMA the clips.  Hopefully they will remain linked and both your new and original AMA clips will come online again.  Then you can safely delete the new AMA bin and work with your old clips.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:24 PM In reply to

Sometimes all it takes is to just close and re-open the original AMA Bins, but if that doesn't work then Kevin's solution has worked for me every time.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:36 PM In reply to

That worked perfectly - all yellow and online again. Thanks for the speedy response Kevin.

Cheers

Tommy

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:15 PM In reply to

Glad to help.  Yes

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller