Latest post Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:53 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:40 PM

My AMA files are all of a sudden not yellow and act like normal clips.

Locked Contact

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I am using AMA to as a tool for Offline / Online workflow (as I was taught at BBC in previous job). The workflow is this: open bin, link to AMA. Transcode to lo res. Complete Edit. Then highlight AMA, transcode to hi rez and relink sequence.

In this project there were fortunately only 4 P2 cards - I found the original AMA bins and checked that they were all linking then closed bins 2, 3 and 4. Having transcoded 'card 1 AMA bin' to HD CAM 50mbps, when I opened the 'card 2 AMA bin' to transcode it, the AMA files we no longer yellow but looked like normal clips and said that they were in the drive where the lo rez footage was originally digitized although the directory has a colon after its name followed by a strange code ie: 'MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE:BBC20110730_2'. Also they are offline.

I cannot simply re-import the AMA files as I do not think the files transcoded from these new AMA files will relink to the sequences.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have a solution / workaround?

Thanks

Kit: AVID MC 3.5.9; MOJO SDI; MacPro dual 3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon RAM: 2GB 800MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM; EDIT SHARE Storage

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:53 PM In reply to

Re: My AMA files are all of a sudden not yellow and act like normal clips.

Locked Contact

Please don't post the same question multiple times.  Anyone who wants to help follow this link:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/101670.aspx

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller