Latest post Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:27 PM by Terry Snyder. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 12 2011 1:21 PM

Import problems in sony xdcam viewer

Hi fellas.

I'm having some problems with my Sony xdcam ex viewer, i am trying to convert a lot of mp4's to mxf files, the footage is on 2 cards, one card contains about 29 gb, and the other card contains only one clip, the last in the line of clips. I can view all the clips in the sony xdcam viewer, but most of the files say"duration 0:00:00", its wierd because the viewer can tell me the size of the clips, but not the codec and duration.

I think the problem is that one of the clips is located in card number 2, it seems that the viewer cant interpret the footage without the last clip, but the viewer only allows me to acces one card at a time.

Have any of you had experience with importing files this way? Any ideas are welcome, i have precious little time, i am working on my bachelor project and i need to start editing asap!!

Any tips are welcome!

Lasse Frost

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:27 PM In reply to

Re: Import problems in sony xdcam viewer

Lasse Frost:
    I can view all the clips in the sony xdcam viewer, but most of the files say"duration 0:00:00", its wierd because the viewer can tell me the size of the clips, but not the codec and duration.

By "XDCAM viewer," are you refering to the Sony Clipbrowser software or the media clips displayed in the camera's viewfinder? 

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller